5-years Degree programme via admission through the University Matriculation Examination (UTME & Post UTME)
- Candidates with credit pass in SSCE/WAEC/GCE O’Level in five subjects including the following at not more than two sittings: Biology / Agricultural Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics/Physics and either Geography, Economics, Health Science or Home Management and with credit in the English Language.
- Subjects to be offered at the University Matriculation Examination (UME), should include English Language, Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry and any other science subject preferably physics or Mathematics.
4-Year Degree Programme by direct entry
- Candidates with five credit pass at SSCE/WAEC/GCE O’Level in five subjects including the following at not more than two sittings: Biology/ Agricultural Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics/Physics and either one of Geography, Economics, Health Science or Home Management and with credit in the English Language.
- In addition to (i) above, candidates should have at least two A’Level passes or their equivalent in any of Biology, Botany, Agricultural Sciences, Zoology, Mathematics/Statistics/Physics, Economics and Geography.
- In addition to (i) above, candidates should have OND or ND (Upper Credit)/HND (Lower Credit)/NCE (Credit in a relevant subject(s)) in fisheries/ Aquaculture, Biology/ Agricultural Science, Wildlife Management, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Food Science, Biology Education and other closely related disciplines.
Eligibility for the Award of the Degree of B. Agric. Tech. in Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology: to be eligible for the award of the degree of B. Agric. Tech. in (Fisheries and Aquaculture), the candidates must earn a minimum of 200 credits for the 5- year programme and 161 credits for the 4-year programme. All direct entry candidates will fit directly into the year 2 courses except where there is evidence that such courses were previously taken and passed. In addition to the above requirements, candidates must satisfy the conditions as stipulated by the School of Agriculture and Federal University of Technology.